Sunday, February 25, 2007

Time for an update!

Well, I don't really have anything to say, except getting hit in the eyeball with a dart from a little gun HURTS! My roommates boyfriend did it to me like 1/2 an hour ago, on accident, sort of. He was meaning to shoot at me, but why he was aiming for my face, I don't know. And I've warned him several times not to aim for the face. psh. So, how were everyone's weekends? Mine was nice and relaxing. I went to a bluegrass concert on Saturday night for my FA100 class. It was pretty cool. There was this family with 3 kids who were amazing. The dad played guitar and mandolin, really well. The mom played one of those circle drums, like in our Galena Video, and then the bass guitar. So cool! The oldest daughter, 15, played the fiddle and mandolin. She is like 4 time state fiddle champion and once was 5th in the nation. Amazing! And then the boy, 11, played acoustic, bass guitar and the banjo. And then their little girl, 3, had a baby fiddle that was like a foot long. She was soooo cute! And for one of the songs they played that was from Scotland or something, the mom and daughter went and clogged. It was sooooo cool! A great night. Not to mention the fact that my FHE brother played the mandolin in one of the groups, so that was cool! OKay, well I'm rambling on and on, so I'll go now and finish reading my scriptures. I have a pretty busy day tomorrow!
Loves,
HEIDI

P.S. Sorry I don't have any pictures, I'll try to get some soon!

2 comments:

Cady said...

hey, Ak is good, UAA is there, and the source of much work.... Nope no sister-in-laws to be, not now at least, unless I have just not been informed. I hope school is going well for you. Your cousins engaged? haha... k well i shall talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Heids. Which cousin might this be that's engaged? Probably.... Dreamy :)lol J/K (as if you didn't know I was joking) anywho- I want to go to a bluegrass concerto! I'd love that. It'd be the cream in my bowl of Cream of Chicken soup (say that 500 times fast! It's hard) Oh well. I'm gonna go and do something else now. My finger is sore. I sliced underneath my nail today at school.

Awesome song! This was for this semester's Guitars Unplugged!