Monday, April 21, 2008

Signs you know you're in small town Kenai...

So I was at the cell phone store last week and overheard this conversation. It's total proof I am back in my small hometown.
Random other customer to his friend: "Hey, how's it going?"
Friend: "Oh good...yadda yadda yadda"
Random: "I just had an interesting thing just happen to me."
Friend: "Oh yeah? What's that?"
Random: "I just saw the guy who robbed my house about 3 years ago. He came in, saw me, and turned right back around and left."
Friend: "Oh wow!"
Random: "Yeah, well it was weird. I did put him in jail for about 2 years...!"

And that's where i kind of stopped listening and thinking about what I had just heard! I thought it was funny!
Things here are...the same. I had an interview with the city today that went okay I guess. I"ll be hearing back from them hopefully before too long. He said it was a plus that I'm here already and can work if they need me! And then I stopped at Charlotte's Restaurant ( oh yum!) But not to eat. I did that last week. No, I just stopped to say hi to Charlotte herself and she asked if I want to do some catering. I'm not doing anything else, so I might do a couple here in a few weeks! One of them is for a Russian wedding! Oooo! I said I might be able to talk to them, cause, uh, Я говорю по русский! (I speak russian!) So yeah, cool! bye

1 comment:

Millie said...

so, d'you get the job?

Awesome song! This was for this semester's Guitars Unplugged!