Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer time and the livin' is...somewhat easy!

So, my summer thus far in a nut shell! After my awesome layover and misfortunes posted in my last post, this summer has been pretty good to me! I've stayed busy with lots of painting projects, not just for work at the borough. Buzz, Kierstin and I took a trip to Valdez to visit our friend Jaime from college. SO FUN! And ya know, a little of this, a little of that, and here are some pics!! sorry they're not in order of occurence, blogger is lame like that!

I've been working, painting, for the borough again. I've been fortunate to be out of town every week so far, so I'm racking up the per diem!! Sa weeet! the only down side is that it's been in a little village of MAYBE 150 people called Port Graham. Drive to Homer, fly across the bay for about 15 minutes, land on a dirt run way in the middle of some mountains and you're there! For some reason I didn't get any pictures of the school we're painting to show just how small it is, but here are some other tidbits from Port Graham.


The airport in Port Graham. Not even kidding. It's really strict, safety wise, out there. Security checkpoints, metal detectors, I.D. checkpoints...whew! or we just go to the airport in Homer, say we're here, and go hop on the plane!

A place called Windy Bay that our little crew got to after an 18.5 mile bumpy ride down an old logging road. So worth the trip though, it was soo sooo pretty!

I made this rice bag! Sewed it and all!

A pretty stream on our adventures down the logging road

Me and grams at the cemetary paying tribute to Gramps on Father's Day. He passed away 6 years ago to the day: June 20, 2004

My first flight out to work. My job rocks! We saw one bear right by the run way taking off about 2 weeks ago, and another bear out walking last week. Pretty cool stuff!

Jeremiah, Michelle and Ellah made a surprise trip back from Hawaii a couple weeks ago. Lame me, I didn't get a pic. with Michelle though. Just my cute niece, Ellah!

The lake behind the first school I was at this summer, Moose Pass. Yeah, I kayake on it!! Woot!

on our trip to valdez we got to go our 4-wheeling. I was lucky enough to get this SWEET helmet!!

climbing around on an avalanche
Kierstin, Buzz and me in front of Bridal Veil Falls at the beginning of our hike. (Valdez)
Just a picture I really like that I took with my phone. No, it's not a sepia effect. it's called "the view looked cooler through my sunglasses, so I put them in front of the camera!"
a cute baby moose that was hanging around our house for a couple days with his mama.
Siblings out at Kasilof Beach
After a fun treasure hunt out at Cohoe.
So there are a few pics I chose to display. I hope you're all having a wonderful summer and going on adventures like I am! Peace!

3 comments:

Rocks In The Wash said...

Looks like you are having a great summer! Tell the family we said "hello." Let us know when you'll be down in the Provo area!

Anonymous said...

Not too many adventures here. But I am, however, extremely jealous of yours! ch NO FAIR! Love you, and I'm glad you're having a great summer!
Love, Bananiebutts

Rocks In The Wash said...

My favorite picture is of you and your grandmother! We just finished up a YW RAD class in September and the BYU RAD class is keeping us busy. Good-luck with school. A
Oh... check out our site; M got me a MOTORCYCLE two weeks ago; and I LOVE it!

Awesome song! This was for this semester's Guitars Unplugged!