Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It is what it is.

So many things have happened or occurred recently that give me thoughts like "It is what it is" or "everything happens for a reason." Sleep should be taking place right now, but so many things are swimming around in my head and I figure maybe writing them down and putting them out there might get me to the position of some sleep.
What a whirlwind the last week or so has been. I finished up with painting for the Borough last Wednesday having been in Seward all week again. Sorry, I forgot to get an after picture of the school before I left. But the Seward City News did put a thing here about it! I painted the stripe! Woot. Woot. Anyway, I was going to work until Thursday, but having been out of town so much I didn't get a chance to pack or get things in order, so I finished Wed. Thursday was incredibly busy with packing, seeing peeps, getting things in order, etc. I was up until about 2:45, then woke up at 3:30 to make it to the Kenai airport in time to leave at 5:05. Left Anchorage around 6:30 or so...long story short, flew there to Seattle-Long Beach-Salt Lake. Getting there was quite a day! I was very relieved to get my bags promptly and got picked up by Gwen. Oh how grateful I am to her! We kicked it around Salt Lake until Sunday, and now I'm back in Vernal. It doesn't seem like it's been 6 months since I was here last!
Now for the thing keeping me awake. Why the hurricane and why now? Miss Irene is brewing over yonder east way and is making things difficult for Gwen and I with our cruise. As of now, it's still a go. But with reports of it hitting Florida Thursday/Friday (we are flying there Friday) it makes things a little scary going into it. Do we go and hope for the best? Do we cancel? (luckily we got trip insurance) Rebook it? Such difficult decisions that make me a little uneasy. I know everything will be ok and work out in the end, but it's the time leading up to it that is the hard part.
Also something random: I know we all have our different trials and challenges in life. I am oddly enough grateful for mine and know that I have them to learn from and make me stronger. I am also grateful when I can share and help build up others with their trials. It helps me be more open-minded (I hope) and learn so many things from them. Things don't always go how I would like, and that's when I say "It is what it is." And hope for the best.
Ramble ramble, blah blah, just the thoughts of me. It's all good, right?!

Oh, and in more exciting news: Kierstin got engaged to Chris Baker and is getting married in December! Yay!!!!

1 comment:

Emmilie said...

Dear Heidi,

I love you, and your blog!! Sure do hope everything works out with your trip!! Isn't it funny how our trials mold and shape us?? I totally agree with you! Loved your post. :)

Love, Emmilie

Awesome song! This was for this semester's Guitars Unplugged!