Friday, February 15, 2008

So so suck your toe...

Did I mention at all that I have a cold sore? Well, it's almost gone, thank goodness. I woke up with it last Saturday morning. Yes, morning. I do arise in the morning on Saturdays now! I know, shock shock! Anyways, I woke up around 9:30 or so and had it, but I got a little warning the night before. So after parking Nena's car somewhere else (our lot was being plowed) I ran to the store and got some Lysene. Either my cold sores are short lived, or that stuff is a miracle worker! After faithfully applying it all week, it's only a little scab now. I'm so decided about that. Hooray!
But I have to come up with a good 4-6 minutes speech. Here are the criteria:
It has to be a true story that happened to me and I have to have learned a lesson from it. ANyone know any stories about me that i might not be able to recall to memory? AND, that I can talk for 4-6 minutes on? I know i have stories, but when I tell them I tend to not drag it out, ya know, Grandpa Carlson style. He can tell a story. I just tell the bare facts. I would prefer it to be funny too! I know you all would have a hard time remembering something funny that i might have experienced and want to tell a story about (no Anna, I"m not dragging out an embarrassing story about how we laughed during the national anthem, even though I learned many a lesson about that!) Ideas, ideas, ideas, anyone, anyone, anyone, Bueller, Buelller, Bueller?
Well that's all for now. I need to set off for Physical Science. Although it seems like a complete waste of time, because I don't get ANYTHING out of it most days, today we get to perform something (song, poem, dance, whatevs) about global warming. yay. And I have no idea what we're to perform. Our group is pretty awesome though, so we should be able to come up with something snappy in the 12 minutes we'll have to come up with it! As to all the comments about An Inconvenient Truth: Mary, it's that Al Gore movie about Global Warming. Elsa, I didn't think it was that interesting because I was already biased, by hearing earlier that a lot of his graphs and demonstrations were way inaccurate and yes, over-exaggerated. I don't like people who lie....or are just misinformed!
oh well, out into the sun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey good luck with your speech. the only thing coming to mind is when we went mudding at the carlsons. that was fun. not sure what lesson might be in there though. so. good luck.

Gwendy Lynn said...

Hides! I am very sad my car is dumb and I didn't get to come see you! When does the semester end for you? Im gonna try and come see you before you leave.

Awesome song! This was for this semester's Guitars Unplugged!